Tips, videos, and installation instructions
This video demonstration shows you the entire process of tile installation.
We recommend that you watch the entire video, as well as read the guide below.
If you still have questions, call us!
Step By Step Instructions
- Drain the water to the bottom of the skimmer hole.
- Use a pencil to mark the water line around the entire pool.
- Drain the water down 3 more inches.
- Wipe the surface to be tiled with a solvent such as acetone or alcohol.
- Place the tiles face down and extrude lines of adhesive onto the back of 3 or 4 linear feet of tile.
7. Repeat this process around the entire pool.
8. Wait 30 minutes before grouting.
- Cut off the tip of the grout tube.
- Extrude one tube of grout onto the surface of the tile.
3. Use an epoxy grout float (hard rubber bottom) to push the grout into the grout joints. Proceed with this process around the entire pool. Be careful not to get more than 6 feet ahead of the scrubber. The grout must be scrubbed off the tile surface within 7 minutes.
6. Proceed, behind the floater, around the entire pool.
* The floater should not get more than 6 feet ahead of the scrubber. The grout could start to cure, making it very difficult to scrub off.
*The scrubber should be careful not to get the soapy water on the ungrouted tile; that will make it difficult to float.
7. When grouting is completed, use the 2 grey sponges to lightly wipe down the surface of the tile to remove any residue which may be left behind on the surface.
8. Wait 48 hours before refilling the pool.
In the upper picture, we can see that the left side of the tile has a large center piece, while the right side has a small center piece. The pattern repeats when the next tile is facing the right direction.
The second image shows directional tiles that are not properly layed out. The two wide center pieces are facing each other, which is not right.
When placing the tile on the pool, some adhesive might bleed through the front joint. Use your finger to wipe it even with the tile surface.
If any adhesive gets smeared onto the surface of the tile, immediately use a paper towel and solvent to wipe it off.
Before applying the last 8 feet of tile, start at the skimmer, and use a sheet of tile to measure back to the last sheet of tile already on the pool. If the tile does not fit perfectly, you can compress the grouts joint on the remaining 8 feet of tile to make it fit perfectly. This eliminates the need for a cut tile when you reach the skimmer.
After tiling, and before grouting, inspect the tile. If any adhesive is smeared on the tile surface, remove it with a razor blade.